23 March, 2011

Art fart

I'm coining that phrase right now. How many times have you had an amazingly creative idea come to mind at the most inappropriate time? For me this usually happens when I'm driving. Since I commute to school, I spend roughly 20 hours each week driving back and forth which gives me a lot of time to think about things. It's during my commute that I end up having a lot of brilliant ideas that come to mind, most of them come out of nowhere. Unfortunately, by the time I get home I usually forget what I was thinking about or I only remember bits and pieces. This happens more often than I would like so I thought of a name for the occurrence: art fart. See the handy definition I put together below.


I find that I experience a lot of art farts pertaining to graphic design. I have so much going on every day on top of multiple design projects for school, etc., that I tend to have a lot of fleeting ideas at the same time. By the time I have a chance to sit down and work with these rogue ideas, I can't remember what they were entirely, thus, art fart. Think of it kind of like a brain fart but more creative and such. Have you experienced anything like this? Does this make any sense to you? How often do you experience art farts? How do you cope? Feedback is more than welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment